Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Music Man

Been working like a crazy woman since returning from Van in order to get Swerve's Stampede issue out without a hitch so, unfortunately, I haven't had the time or energy to put together a post about the trip (too much to cover on so few brain cells!). But, I have some cranky followers on my case so I thought I'd better let you know a bit about the great interview I had with the amazing Xavier Rudd yesterday. For those of you who aren't familiar with this aussi's body of work I highly recommend you check him out at xavierrudd.com for a truly unique experience.

I had the pleasure of seeing Xav play at the 2007 Blues and Roots Festival in Byron Bay Australia (where he recorded his newest album) and he blew me away (he's like a one man band with a didgeridoo!) and now after chatting with him about his favourite songs to listen to on tour (the man is DEEP) I am even more excited to see him perform here in Calgary on July 5. It's not a usual opening Stampede weekend activity, but I'm sure it will be an outstanding show and a lifelong memory, just as the first one was. 

Can't wait to sit down and write the piece tomorrow and for those of you in C-Town pick up the July 3rd issue of Swerve and see what the man had to say (and listens too) and get yourself some tickets to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment